Monday, September 10, 2012

Walking the Dog

Steu, like most dogs, is much better behaved when he gets a daily walk. When he was a puppy, we would often walk up to three times a day. Now that he's three, one walk a day is fine. He'll even let me skip a day or two due to rain or extreme temperatures.

I, however, do not love walking. I get bored. My feet are often tired and I need new/better shoes. It's too hot, too cold, too dark, too late, too early. Whatever. I've got a million excuses.

Lately, inspired by a friend, I've re-committed to walking Steu daily, so I've been mapping our walks on Map My Walk. The site is pretty easy to use, and I discovered that we were already walking a mile a day. By mapping out a few other routes we take, I've come up with some two-mile loops and even a three-mile loop.

As long as it's not too hot, Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are perfectly capable of walking just as far as your average recreational walker.

How often and how far do you walk your pup?

No comments:

Post a Comment