Saturday, September 1, 2012

Party with Your Pup: September 3-9


Contact the event venue before attending to make sure information is accurate. Not all events allow pets, so check first.

All Week
Event: Dog Swims
Location: All over!
Details: Many local municipals pools will be hosting end-of-season dog swims beginning on Monday. Rather than list them all here, I am linking to St. Louis All Dogs for a comprehensive listing.Their calendar doesn't list past events, so the link is only good for this week.
Cost: varies, many events are fundraisers
Steu says: I have never done a dog swim, but I do have my own paddle pool. I have to be bribed to get it in. 

Wednesday, September 5; 7:15 p.m.
Location: Shrewsbury City Center
Details: Greater St. Louis Training Club is hosting a free session to see if your pup is ready to take place in rally obedience competitions.
Cost: free (the six-week class will be $120)
Steu says: Want to read more about rally obedience? I have never learned to heel. Really, I totally suck at it. Like, you have no idea how bad I am at heeling.


Wednesday, September 5; 5-7 p.m.
Event: Yappy Hour
Location: The Boathouse; Forest Park
Details: Half-price appetizers 
Cost: $5 cover charge to benefit Forest Park Forever
Steu says: I've never been to this, so I can't say for sure yet what kind of dog things are there, besides other dogs. If you go, let me know!


Thursday, September 6
Event: Mutt Mixer
Location: Three Dog Bakery; Town & Country
Details: discounts on non-food items in the store. No details on other activities or times.
Cost: free

I really am so sad about Earthdog
Saturday, September 8; 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location: Purina Farms; Gray Summit
Details: Practice running in tunnels and racing with other dogs.
Cost: $
Steu says: I really wanted to go to this, but it may only take earthdogs. Be sure to check first! I am feeling a little sad about this.


Saturday, September 8; 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Event: Meet the Samoyed
Location: AKC Museum of the Dog; Queeny Park
Details: Stop by the Dog Museum and meet the breed
Cost: $

Saturday, September 8; 10-11 a.m.
Event: Canine Corrective Bodywork
Location: Four Muddy Paws; Lafayette Square
Details: Movement assessment and trigger point therapy for active or aging dogs.
Cost: free (reservations required)


Sunday, September 9; 1:30-4:00 p.m.
Event: Meet the Border Collie
Location: AKC Museum of the Dog; Queeny Park
Details: Stop by the Dog Museum and meet the breed
Cost: $
Steu says: My cousin is a Border Collie named Teagan. I love her.


No comments:

Post a Comment